273.5 also charged as a 243(e) as a lessor included offense. Cannot plead to both counts, one must be dropped.
Pen. Code 273.5 Inflicting corporal injury on specified persons; Conditions of Probation; Restraining Order. ******
- Any person who willfully inflicts corporal injury resulting in a traumatic condition upon a victim described in subdivision (b) is guilty of a felony, and upon conviction thereof shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for two, three or four years or in a county jail for not more than one year, or by a fine of up to six thousand dollars or by both that fine and imprisonment;
- Subdivision (a) shall apply if the victim is or was one or more of the following:
- The offender’s spouse or former spouse.
- The offender’s cohabitant or former cohabitant
- The offender’s fiancé or fiancée, or someone with whom the offender has, or previously had, an engagement or dating relationship, as defined in paragraph (10) of subdivision (f) of Section 243.
- The mother or father of the offender’s child.
IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT YOU DON’T GIVE A STATEMENT TO THE COPS IF YOU ARE CHARGED WITH THIS CRIME. DO NOT GIVE A SUBSEQUENT STATEMENT IF THEY COME TO SEE YOU IN CUSTODY OR CALL YOU AT YOUR HOME.
IF YOU ARE THE “VICTIM” OF THIS CRIME, DO NOT CALL THE PROSECUTOR’S OFFICE TO TRY TO “UN-DO” YOUR STATEMENT, THE LAW OFFICES OF VICTORIA CLEMANS WILL WALK YOU THROUGH STEP BY STEP ON HOW TO DEAL WITH LAW ENFORCEMENT.
THERE WILL MOST LIKELY BE A CRIMINAL PROTECTIVE ORDER IN PLACE IF YOU ARE TAKEN INTO CUSTODY FOR THIS INCIDENT. DO NOT PRETEND YOU DIDN’T RECEIVE IT. IF YOU MAKE CONTACT VIA PHONE, VIA E-MAIL OR SOCIAL MEDIA, OR THROUGH A THIRD PARTY, YOU WILL BE GUILTY OF VIOLATING A COURT ORDER BETTER KNOWN AS PC 166 CONTEMPT OF COURT. THAT IS ANOTHER CHARGE THAT WILL BE ADDED.
LET THE LAW OFFICES OF VICTORIA CLEMANS REPRESENT YOU IN THIS VERY SERIOUS CHARGE. WE ARE HIGHLY EXPERIENCED AND HAVE HAD TREMENDOUS RESULTS.